14 Quotes To Strengthen Your Partner Yoga Practice
When pairing up with another, we all come to crossroads of frustration and blame or patience and communication. It really doesn’t matter what it is, when we step outside of just working alone, we are faced with many new challenges. Challenges always exist, whether you are alone or partnered up. But there is a significant difference in how those challenges present themselves in each situation, whether it be for work or play.
Partner yoga (or Acroyoga) is no different. It constantly provides opportunities for both the Flyer and Base to blame and point the finger at each other, or breath and communicate their way to success. It all comes down to the willingness of the individual to participate in a manner that is harmonious to both themselves and the person with whom they are practicing. Then comes the effort it takes, to follow through with that willingness.
Sometimes that effort can be a challenge in itself. So, I have gathered 14 quotes to lift you up when you’re struggling in your partner yoga practice. These quotes aim to remind you of the great rewards and benefits that come with being willing and putting in the effort. We all need a little help sometimes, that’s the beauty in humanity, we are all vulnerable. Let the words of these individuals inspire you to be the best you can be. To show up for your acroyoga partner and yourself with compassion and courage.
14 Partner Yoga Quotes
1. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
2. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
3. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Isaac Newton
4. “The whole is other than the sum of the parts.” – Kurt Koffka
5. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
6. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment.” – Mahatma Gandhi
7. “Teamwork is connected independence”. – David Cottrell
8. “It is surprising how much you can accomplish if you don’t care who gets the credit.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
10. “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
11. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
12. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” – Greg Anderson
13. “Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patrick Lencioni
14. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
A Moment To Reflect
I know I often get pumped up or inspired after reading other people’s words and insights. They act as little reminders that we’re all in this together. That in turn, makes me want to be the best version of myself. At which point, I’m ready to embrace the responsibility of willingness.
Thanks for taking the time to read these quotes, I hope they serve you in some way. If you would like to read more inspiring acroyoga quotes check out this link. Together, we will all make it to the top, one helping hand at a time.
♥ The Slackrobats
Below are links to the sites where I gathered the quotes from above.