Support Your Practice With Empowering Thoughts
We all have our moments of struggle, when the disorganized chatter in our head is so loud we can’t concentrate. Our focus is easily distracted and our minds drift in and out of the present moment. Remembering to breath and having a mantra to say, either in your head or out loud often helps to regain focus. Slacklining can be a real mental challenge, so I have provided 18 quotes to get you out of your head and on to the line. May these words guide your steps as you walk through your fears and across the line!
18 Quotes To Get You Out Of Your Head–And On The Line
1.”Defeat is a state of mind, no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.” –Bruce Lee
2. “There is nothing outside of yourself, that can ever enable you, to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing, outside yourself.” –Miyamoto Musashi
3. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” –Jim Rohn
4. “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” –Abraham Lincoln
5. “In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first.” –Harry S Truman
6. “Courage is not the absence of fear, it’s to feel the fear and face it anyway.” –Jeanette Coron
7. “The strong man is the one who is able to intercept at will the communication between the senses and the mind. ” -Napoleon Bonaparte
8. “If you want to catch your dreams, you have to drop your fears.” –Anton Rubaclini
9. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” –Gandhi
10. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” –Buddha
11. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” –Hermann Hesse
12. “Confidence comes from discipline and training”. –Robert Kiyosaki
13. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” –Aristotle
14. “It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.” –Miyamoto Musashi
15. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” –Winston Churchill
16. “The men who learn endurance, are they who call the whole world, brother.” –Charles Dickens
17. “To escape fear, you have to go through it, not around.” –Richie Norton
18. “Perhaps I am stronger than I think.” –Thomas Merton
Be Kind To Yourself
Remember to celebrate the small successes during your adventures, because it’s the small steps, that get us across our goals. The more you Love yourself and encourage yourself with healthy mantras and positive support, the more likely you are to experience progress in whatever it is you do in life. Our body follows our mind, and the more you look towards the direction you want to go with your thoughts, the more the body will start to follow.
It’s science see, the brain wants to deliver the thoughts in the most direct and quickest route possible. What you focus your thoughts on builds a “highway” of sorts to travel your thoughts into action. Whatever thoughts you focus on the most, creates the shortest path for delivery. So, be kind to yourself and your fears, for the more they are cared for the less they demand attention. Thanks for reading and have a brave a beautiful day!
P.S. Want more slackline quotes? Check these out too!